Thursday, July 7, 2011

Strawberry Milkshake



I hope you haven't gotten bored with another strawberry related post.  I promise to move on once my strawberry supply has become nil :)

To make this milkshake more interesting, I added a layer of freshly blended strawberries with sugar at the bottom of the glass and then topped it with the milkshake.  Add whipped cream at the end, you'll have a pretty satisfying milkshake!

The basic recipe for the milkshake layer is:

1 1/2 cups strawberries

1/2 pint vanilla ice cream

1/4 cup milk

1 tablespoon sugar, or to taste

Mix everything in a blender until smooth.  Makes about 2 cups.

If for some reason you think the ice cream part is not enough, feel free to add some more.  I like to taste it along the way to make sure I get it right.  Again, there's no right or wrong way to make this; here's a glass to celebrate the summer of the year.

strawberry milkshake-1-2

2 comments:

  1. Lizzz..bisa tiga layer gitu bagus jadinya..;)

    iya Sye, biar gak bosen dong ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever since I heard of this recipe my mouth has been watering! What a beautiful and creative way to make such a delicious milkshake! Thank you for sharing!

    you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete