Sunday, September 13, 2015

Oat Crisps with Fresh Fruits and Honey Yogurt


When I made these crips I was expecting it to be good on their own.  Well, yeah, I wasn't wrong.  I ended up eating them as snacks because they were so addictive.  Crispy, crunchy, and caramel-y, I just love these!

If you want to eat these for breakfast, the simple way to do is to grab yogurt--honey flavored is my favorite--and fresh fruits for a feel good sustenance in the morning.  This recipe is simple and irresistible which what I like from the book by Emily Luchetti, Classic Star Desserts.  I've been going through my baking book collection and trying out recipes this summer when I had a more leisurely time for baking and cooking.  So far I've found very good recipes and I'm very pleased.  I hope I can continue the baking well into the busy school and work year.  Fingers crossed!


Oat Crisps with Fresh Fruits and Honey Yogurt


Serves 6


1 1/4 ounces (2 1/2 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 pint blueberries
4 medium peaches, sliced rather thinly
1 cup yogurt--any flavor you like

Preheat the oven to 350F.  Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and corn syrup and stir until blended.  Stir in the oats, mixing well.

To form the crisps, drop the oats mixture, one tablespoon per cookie, onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 1/2 inches apart.  Bake, rotating the baking sheets 180 degrees at the midway point, until golden brown and bubbly, about 15 minutes.  Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets.  Then, using a metal spatula, transfer the crisps to a large flat plate to cool.

To serve, divide blueberries, peach slices and yogurt among individual plate and place 2 oat crisps alongside or on top of each serving.


Source:  adapted from Classic Stars Desserts by Emily Luchetti

No comments:

Post a Comment